ServSwitch Agility Dual-Head Transmitter with VNC Port
Extend KVM signals, digital video, and digital stereo audio over IP, with VNC access for remote management.
- Delivers perfect digital video with no loss.
- No-loss compression minimizes bandwidth use while maximizing the user experience.
- Supports dual-head or dual-link video.
- Supports virtual network computing (VNC) through a VNC RJ-45 port and Real VNC viewer.
- VNC access enables a user to remotely access the transmitter for troubleshooting or multiuser collaboration.
- Configure your network to suit your needs: point-to-point extension, KVM switching, single-target sharing, or multicasting.
- Features keyboard/mouse emulation, and emulation for other standard Human Interface Devices (HIDs), such as touchscreens or flash drives.
- Mounting options include rackmounting, desktop, and wallmounting.
The flexible topology of Agility gives you extension option applications including KVM switching, a sharing portal, DVI+USB extension, and much, much more—it's up to you and how you decide to configure it.
In the most straightforward configuration, use Agililty as a point-to-point KVM extender. Use CAT6 cable to connect a transmitter and a receiver to deliver perfect DVI, audio, and USB. If you need cable runs longer than 328 feet, add another network switch every 328 feet.
Turn your network into a KVM matrix switch with Agility. When you change channels on the receiver unit, you switch DVI, audio, and USB while the transmitters not in use continue to emulate the previously attached devices. Create a KVM matrix switch with as many users as you want—just keep adding receivers. With mixed channels, combine video, audio, and USB devices from different destinations.
In this configuration, multiple users can share a single remote computer. Users can connect in three ways. View-only shows only the video feed. In Share Mode, an open connection is available for all users to use the connected devices at the same time. In Private Mode, one user locks out the other users, preventing them from viewing or sharing the connection, with the exception of network administrators.
This unique feature enables the Agility to multicast video and audio over an IP network to several receiving units. To prevent saturating the network, when, for example, a receiver isn't set up to explicitly receive a multicast, an installed network switch should feature Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping. This stops an IP switch from passing on multicast data onto every port, even if it's not part of the Agility system. IGMP snooping reduces the amount of traffic generated by Agility transmitter units that are configured for multicast operations, and prevents performance degradation and wasted network bandwidth.
With the Agility and a network switch that includes IGMP snooping, multicast content to as many receivers as you want with no distance limits (depending on the network). This is an ideal configuration for touchscreen digital signage applications.
Dual-head or dual-link video options
Agility supports dual-head or dual-link multimedia applications where you need access to two video heads on each channel or high-resolution screens, respectively. The dual-link version provides DVI-D resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 or dual-head extension for each video channel at 1920 x 1200.
With dual-link support, you can use the Agility receivers (ACR1002A-R) with extra-large HD screens, such as display used for broadcasting, digital film, or high-end graphics editing, as well as dual-monitor setups, as used in medical imaging or process engineering. Use two DVI-D monitors at a remote workstation for maximum productivity and viewing capabilities.
Management system: iPATH
The ServSwitch Agility Controller Unit offers a management suite enabling you to remotely and securely configure all the transmitter and receiver units. Define new content channels, restrict and enable access privileges, push control, disable specific USB device classes, and so on. The iPATH™ system is a single box that plugs right into your network. Once plugged in, system administrators can begin configuring devices, users, and channels. The iPATH interface features a useful on-screen dashboard that gives you a current overview of the system. It is continually refreshed so you always have the most up-to-date system information.
- Distribute high-quality medical images to doctors and staff across large medical facilities. Agility uses standard Ethernet equipment, so the networking hardware doesn't need to be updated.
- In command and control room setups, multicast video and data to receiver units between LCD display walls. Users can interact with any of the computers using separate keyboard, mice, and DVI displays.
- Media post-production suites become collaborative with the Agility. Machine rooms store the media assets and hardware, and can distribute them throughout a post-production facility. Editors, producers, and directors can instantly communicate with animators and colorists.
- Get real flexibility for your digital signage network. All you need is an IP network running through the installation, and you can easily deliver content from one playout device via DVI. The number of screens is up to you.
- For another digital signage application, use the Agility to switch between multiple video sources.
- Deliver rich media experiences in public spaces, such as museums or libraries. The flexibility of the system makes reconfiguring your implementation a snap.
- ServSwitch Agility Dual-Head or Dual-Link Transmitter
- (1) power adapter
- (1) 6-ft. power cords
- (1) 6-ft. combined DVI-D and USB cable; dual-link cable, all pins supported for digital (USB breakout is 9.25 inches; DVI breakout is 8.25 inches)
- (1) 6-ft. DVI-D cable, M/M
- (2) 6.5-ft. 3.5mm audio cable
- 6.5-ft. serial null-modem cable F/F (upgrade cable)
- (4) self-adhesive rubber feet
- Safety insert with link to manual