Premier support is Poly’s entry-level service offering–enhancing your in-house resources with technical experts who are available to support your Poly communication products. Premier offers the right level of support for those organizations that wish to work directly with Poly to address their support needs, and want to keep up-to-date with the latest software upgrades and updates, but do not have a need for 24-hour support, 365 days per year.
With Premier support, if a problem occurs, a telephone technical support agent will first diagnose it, and, if needed, you will receive a replacement part the next business day for your technicians to install. Available through two service offerings—Premier and Premier Onsite—Premier support includes:
- Software upgrades and updates
- Advance parts replacement
- Telephone technical support during business hours (8x5)
- Multi-vendor support for Poly strategic cloud partners
- Access to the online support portal
- Optional uplift to onsite support
For Poly’s software-only solutions, Premier Software support enhances the basic manufacturer’s 90-day software warranty to a full year of coverage, and includes:
- Major software releases (significant new features), minor software upgrades (new features and enhancements), and software updates (maintenance and patches)
- Telephone technical support during business hours (8x5) for the current major release and one previous version
- Access to the online support portal
- Option to uplift telephone technical support to 24x7 for more mission critical solutions
Software upgrades and updates
For products covered by a Premier support program, system software updates and upgrades are provided at no additional charge.
- Upgrades are new software releases containing enhancements improving the functionality or capabilities of the software.
- Updates are software for which Poly has provided fixes or minor revisions to correct errors or defects in the existing operation of the software, in accordance with the published product specifications
Advance parts replacement – next business day
Poly will provide advance replacement for any failed hardware component covered under a Premier support agreement. If Poly’s technical support representative determines that a replacement part is required to resolve a reported or diagnosed problem, this will be shipped free of charge by Poly for next business day delivery (Monday through Friday) for advance replacement using an expedited carrier service. Poly will endeavor to process replacement part orders same-day in order to meet local carrier pick-up schedules. Specific advance parts replacement timeframes and shipping terms are available on the Support Portal.
Telephone technical support
Telephone technical support is available during business hours (9am to 5pm, 5 days a week, excluding recognized Polycom holidays) for Poly products covered by a Premier support program. Poly support engineers will remotely provide assistance in diagnosing, configuring, and troubleshooting Poly products covered by the program. This support is available through regional phone numbers and in select local languages. Full details are available on the Support Portal.
When the Poly support team receives a support call or electronic incident request on a device used in a Poly approved Strategic Cloud Partner environment, a Service Request will be created in Poly’s ticketing system for tracking purposes. Service requests are escalated and managed with appropriate internal Poly teams, including engineering if deemed necessary, to determine cause and plan to reach resolution. If a Customer incident is isolated to a Poly Strategic Cloud Partner’s solution, the Customer will be provided with troubleshooting information and referred to the appropriate Strategic Cloud Partner for resolution.
Premier Onsite (Optional)
Premier Onsite enhances Premier support with optional onsite support. Upon remote diagnosis of a product failure by a Poly technical support engineer, Poly will dispatch an authorized technician to your site to install the replacement part(s). The technician will also coordinate troubleshooting and testing activities with Poly technical support and your designated contact in order to resolve the problem. The option does not include installing software upgrades, product enhancements, or product configuration support (although Poly may install software updates which are required to restore the covered product to operational condition).
Premier Software support
Our 8x5 telephone technical support is subject to the same conditions as Premier 8x5 support.
|Number of years||1 year(s)|
|Compatibility||EAGLEEYE III CAM. R.PRES.GROUP 500-1080P GR.500HD|