The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 EI Switch Series also includes Smart Management Center (SmartMC), an embedded network management tool that can be leveraged at no additional cost by small and medium networks for centralized management and operations. The series can also be managed with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network.
Scalability and High Availability
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 EI Switch Series delivers scalability and enhances reliability of the network with HPE Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) technology. IRF stacking enables virtual resilient switching fabrics, where two or more switches perform as a single L2 switch and L3 router.
- IRF stacking enhances performance and reliability with uninterrupted L2 switching and L3 forwarding and reduces operational complexity with simpler, flatter, and more agile networks.
- Four fixed uplinks (SFP, SFP+, and 10GBASE-T) deliver performance for bandwidth intensive applications.
- Link redundancy with support for protocols such as Spanning Tree/MSTP, RSTP, and Smart link provides high availability.
Comprehensive Security Control
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 EI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X and MAC Authentication for greater security and policy-driven application authentication. Per-user access control lists (ACLs) provide identity-driven security and access control.
- ACLs provide IP Layer 2 to Layer 4 traffic filtering while supporting global ACL, VLAN ACL, port ACL, and IPv6 ACL.
- Dynamic ARP protection with functions such as ARP Detection and ARP packet validation that block broadcasts from unauthorized hosts, preventing eavesdropping or theft of network data.
- Centralized security policy management and network protection with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) End User Admission Domination (EAD) which integrates security policies, network access control, and access right control policies to form a cooperative security system.
- Enhance security with encryption of access methods (CLI, GUI, or MIB) through SSHv2, SSL, and/or SNMPv3, and other features including DHCP protection, IP source guard, and RADIUS/HWTACAS.
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 EI Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with a consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance, and policy management.
- Supports SmartMC, an embedded network management tool with a web-based GUI to simplify operations and facilitate centralized management. It offers features such as configuration backup, software version management and seamless switch replacement.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
Enhanced Quality of Service
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 EI Switch Series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which groups traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2 and 3 information, it applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or entire switch.
- Provides traffic prioritization with supported congestion actions include: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted random early detection (WRED), and SP+WRR and traffic policing with Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate.
- Reduce unwanted network traffic with broadcast control and limitation of broadcast traffic rate to cut down on unwanted network broadcast traffic.
|Ports & interfaces|
|SFP+ module slots quantity||4|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type||Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||24|
|Flow control support||Y|
|Broadcast storm control||Y|
|Spanning tree protocol||Y|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.1AX, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1ab, IEEE 802.1ad, IEEE 802.1ak, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3ac, IEEE 802.3ad, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3at, IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.3i, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3z|
|Jumbo frames support||Y|
|Latency (10 Gbps)||3 µs|
|Latency (1 Gbps)||5 µs|
|Switching capacity||128 Gbit/s|
|MAC address table||16384 entries|
|Authentication type||HWTACACS, RADIUS|
|Access Control List (ACL)||Y|
|DHCP features||DHCP server|
|Routing protocols||OSPF, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, RIP, RIP-1, RIP-2|
|IPv6 FIB entries||256|
|IPv4 FIB entries||512|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Y|
|Flash memory||256 MB|
|Internal memory||512 MB|
|Physical stacking (units)||9|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||5 - 95%|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 90%|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-40 - 70 °C|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||-5 - 45 °C|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Total Power over Ethernet (PoE) budget||370 W|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||Y|
|Power consumption (max)||451 W|
|AC input frequency||50/60 Hz|
|AC input voltage||100 - 240 V|
|Power supply included||Y|